Easy Beef Lasagne
Lasagne is said to be one of the oldest forms of pasta dishes and with good reason, this delicious pasta dish is easy to make and you'll see it become a favourite of your family for any mealtime.
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil or Melted Margarine
- 500g Minced Beef
- 1 Medium Carrot (grated)
- 1 Small Onion (diced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 tin (400g) Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 jar (470g) White Lasagne Sauce
- 40g Cheese (grated)
- 1 Box Lasagne Pasta Sheets
- Salt and Pepper to taste
We have left the choice of cheese in this recipe to your preference, however, we would recommend that you use Parmesan Cheese or Mozzarella Cheese (or a combination of both) for that final touch of taste to your Beef Lasagne.
- Add the Olive Oil (or Melted Margarine) to a large frying pan and turn heat on to medium. Place the chopped onion into the oil and cook for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened and translucent.
- Add the chopped garlic, grated carrots and, using a wooden spoon, mix the ingredients together and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Add all of the Minced Beef to the pan and, stirring to break the Minced Beef up, cook for 5 - 6 minutes until the meat is browned.
- Add the Chopped Tomatoes and reduce the heat to a simmer and let it simmer for 2 - 3 minutes. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste then remove the Minced Beef mixture from the heat and set aside.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 C / 180 C Fan Assisted / Gas 6.
- In a large greased ovenproof dish, add a third of the Minced Beef mixture and spread to cover the bottom of the dish then add a layer of Lasagne Pasta sheets to cover the mixture. Next, add one third of the White Lasagne Sauce and spread to cover the Lasagne Pasta sheets. Repeat this process twice, finishing with the remaining White Lasagne Sauce.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese of your choice over the top of the Beef Lasagne dish
- Place the Beef Lasagne dish in the oven to cook for 30 - 40 minutes until the top is golden brown. Once cooked, ensure to let it stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve your Beef Lasagne with a salad and crusty garlic bread - enjoy.
If freezing this Beef Lasagne, allow to cool completely then transfer it to an airtight and freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Always allow to thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating. Cover with foil before cooking and ensure the Beef Lasagne is piping hot and cooked thoughout before serving.